May 29, 2008


Preemie hat is finished, except for the ribbon that will be laced through the eyelets. Need to go buy some ribbon.

It's a quick and easy project for starters. I did my first increases, decreases and yarn overs in years. Need more practice to develop muscle memory, but these stitches are not difficult.

I prefer working with a heavier weight yarn, and a natural one. This Paton's Beehive Baby Sport yarn has a nice sheen, and the Vintage Lace colour is subtle, but... casting on was a bugger! Had to undo and re-cast several time to get an even cast-0n row. And the yarn plies split easily when working it. Once the cast-on row and the next two rows are on the needle the yarn works well enough.

There, I got photos up on my blog! : ) And it was interesting trying to work out how to get decent shots. When it comes down to it, you gotta just click and upload. Fussing about takes up too much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment