Jan 20, 2009

"SWEET PEA" INFANT SACQUE



First project knitting in the round. Is interesting and fun after the initial getting use to it period of not switching back and forth on two needles.

This infant sacque was to be a summer practice project leading up to more colourful pieces, as I gained in knitting skills, in anticipation of the births of two grandkids, one in December '08, the second in January '09. I had planned a number of fun knitting projects for these precious grandkids. It's been a long journey since last summer. My daughter lost her baby on Sept. 3, and for tending to that sad event, well knitting took a back seat of things to do. And now, I feel I am in a rush to finish the sacque for little Lillian, who was born on Jan. 11, '09... before she outgrows it! ;) A good friend, Maple, who is not inexperienced in life's troubles and hardships, says, despite all the hardships, "Life is good.", and I think that says it all.

5 comments:

  1. Its comming along nicely, you can fliy in the round! Congrats on the new little one! Thank you for visiting my & celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Life is Good!
    I think you will learn to love knitting on the circulars, Margaret. I sure do. Even little narrow scarves. Stuff doesn't slip off like it does on the straights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear of your daughter's loss...well, the loss to you all really.
    The project looks wonderful.
    Boy do they grow fast though!!!......

    In my thoughts

    S xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a baby sac like this in my ravelry queue and I can't wait to have an excuse to knit it. And I don't mean me. :)
    N

    ReplyDelete