May 9, 2009

On My Needles Now and Soon To Be's



A practice scarf to get a feel for a hand dyed yarn. The yarn is from a ripped, used sweater, wool, that was then hand painted. I found it on Etsy and liked the colours and the price to get a feel for working this type of yarn. This is an easy k1p1 rib scarf, a project that travels well.

I have a couple of projects lying in wait. One is a Miss Priss Play Dress, and the other is a Wallaby sweater, both for Gwen, my nearly 3 year old grand girl. I will of course make a Wallaby for Lillian too, my 4 month old grand girl.

And I want to learn to knit socks.

And feathery lace scarves too.

Time to take it to the next level.

2 comments:

  1. You'll love making socks, I found the hardest part was the toe! I never made the Wallaby but I have made 3 Hooded Sweatshirt by Bernat, I have a picture of Nate wearing one on my blogs header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors. I also always have 4-5 projects going, some for the car so I can keep busy....it helps the trips go much faster!

    ReplyDelete